Since You've Been Gone by Tari Faris

 

Since You've Been Gone by Tari Faris is the third book in the Restoring Heritage series. However, I will share up front that this is the first book that I have read in the series. . .and now I want to read them all!

I know I may have missed a few things because I haven't read the first two books, but Since You've Been Gone was still an enjoyable read for me. I really liked the main characters. Leah Williams is ready to try again to run a successful business. Jonathon Kensington is back in town with his sister Abbey. He is wearing the hats of business owner and guardian to his sister after his parents passed away. Colby Marc is taking a break from his music career. Madison Westmore is in town to remodel and sell the house that her dad owned until he recently passed away. 

I enjoyed getting to know each of these characters and the secondary characters in Since You've Been Gone. The plot was interesting although I expected the happy ending that I got. Sometimes you just need a "happy ending" book to relax with. I also liked that the faith the characters had was real in this book. The characters had problems and they had to learn to overcome them too. For the most part, this book seemed fairly true to life. I would recommend Since You've Been Gone to anyone enjoying contemporary reads. For those who read the first two books in this series, I am sure this next novel couldn't come soon enough.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe