The Healing of Natalie Curtis by Jane Kirkpatrick

 

The Healing of Natalie Curtis by Jane Kirkpatrick has a cover that just oozes the songs of the Old West desert. Kirkpatrick's words also are beautifully written with a rhythm that drew me in to this tale. 

Natalie Curtis is a classically trained pianist and singer who has lost her joy of song due to some health issues and struggles. In 1902, her brother George invites Natalie to come back with him to the West. George lived out there for a few years and was healed of his asthma and he wants good things for Natalie too. Natalie not only enjoys the Old West but she finds a purpose for her life and both her joy and song return.

I have been meaning to read a Jane Kirkpatrick book for a long time. I am so glad that I did. I enjoyed Natalie's story, which is based on a true story. I could relate to some of Natalie's struggles. I also really felt for the Native Americans and the way they were treated. I didn't feel like there was a lot of Christian content but this was a good, clean novel. My heart was touched in many ways through The Healing of Natalie Curtis. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe