The Giving Manger Boxed Set by Allison Hottinger and illustrated by Emily King

 


If you are looking for a book with an activity that just may change the dynamics in your family, you need to look at The Giving Manger Boxed Set by Allison Hottinger. I love how this book changes the focus from getting to giving at Christmas.

The Giving Manger is a nice large book, measuring about 10 inches square, with a 32-page story to inspire a family to focus on the joy of giving and the true meaning of Christmas based on Matthew 25:40b. I could see where this could be great fun in any sized family--and as I shared this story with my family, we are ready to make it a new Christmas tradition for us. The story encourages family members to be kind to family members, neighbors, strangers, anyone that you can think of. I was just thinking if everyone made a practice of doing this, just think of the effect this could have on others! 



I received a copy of this boxed book set from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman