3-Minute Devotions to Laugh and Reflect by Christopher D. Hudson and Stan Campbell

 


3-Minute Devotions to Laugh and Reflect by Christopher D. Hudson and Stan Campbell includes 90 one-page devotional readings with a comic and a Scripture verse. 

3-Minute Devotions to Laugh and Reflect sounds like a light-hearted book. I love to laugh and I enjoy reading comics so I thought this book might be a good one for me. It has been a challenging year in many ways and I thought I could use something light. However, I didn't find much to make me chuckle in this book. Humor is subjective so maybe you will. However, I did find the daily readings to offer some good thoughts on living the Christian life. While the comic may be light, in several instances I found the topic to be more serious for the devotional--gossip, pastor appreciation, church attendance, spiritual growth, and many more. I expected that the readings would be lighter like the comics and I didn't find that. I would still recommend 3-Minute Devotions to Laugh and Reflect because I thought the short readings were helpful to think about and another reader may find it all more humorous than I did.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe