Sea Glass Cottage by Irene Hannon

 


Have you visited the fictional town of Hope Harbor through Irene Hannon's books? I enjoy this quaint fictional town and the characters so much. Sea Glass Cottage is the eighth book in the series and they do not have to be read in order to be enjoyed.

Sea Glass Cottage is a beautiful story of how God can truly change people for the better. Christi Reece is desperate. At one time she was a spoiled, rich young woman and lived a luxurious life. Then she hit rock bottom after several setbacks. She rallied to change her life and make the best of things--while looking to God for guidance. Still, she needs help now so she can help her close friend--and decides to drive across the country to find Jack Colby to see if he will help her. However, Jack and Christi have a history that left Jack feeling bitter and angry with Christi. He has rebuilt his life and isn't sure if he wants to include Christi again--in any capacity. 

I really enjoyed the characters in Sea Glass Cottage. They all seem so real--facing real-life challenges. Hannon doesn't shy away from hard topics in her books but they are not difficult to read. Rather they are uplifting. Jack and Christi are both likeable people who seem to be very real. I also like the story of Steve and Beth as it unfolded in this book. All of these characters have had to make changes in their lives after facing some tough challenges. One of my favorite characters in this series is Charley. I especially like this artist/taco stand owner with his words of wisdom and penchant for being in just the right place at the right time. He always adds a lot to the stories. I especially like that he has more of a role in Sea Glass Cottage than he did in previous books that I have read in this series. 

Hannon's writing is so well done that Sea Glass Cottage flowed so well. I just could not put this book down until I was done. Each character is well defined and the plot kept Sea Glass Cottage moving along. Hannon also did well in this novel with including God but not sounding preachy. I think this is one of my favorite books about Hope Harbor. I also like how we get to revisit previous main characters in each new book, but again, each book also stands alone as a good read for those who have not read previous books.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Interview and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe