Thank You, Mama by Linda Meeker Illustrated by Sandra Eide

 


I truly believe life is better when lived with an attitude of gratitude. Thank You, Mama by Linda Meeker encourages children to say, Thank you. As a foodie, I also love that Thank You, Mama talks about different foods.

Thank you, Mama is aimed at three to seven year olds. It measures about 9.25 inches square and is full of bright, colorful illustrations. This book also models respect, good manners and offering gratitude. I wasn't familiar with this author's work on TikTok as I am not on that platform but I think the book is adorable. I also like how it offers children a glimpse into other people's cultures and foods. I think it also encourages children to like those who are different and the different foods that they eat for various meals. By including an Aunt and Grandma in the story, it also shows are families can include different people that are close to them. Thank you, Mama also teaches young readers new words and helps them build their vocabulary. They can even learn a new word or two in Vietnamese. I thank it is a great book for young children.

I received a copy of this book through the Amazon Vine program from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe