Elysium Tide by James R. Hannibal

 

Are you a fan of clean mysteries and suspense books? If you haven't read James R. Hannibal, I would encourage you to give this author a try. Elysium Tide is a book full of mystery, suspense, lots of action and some twists and turns that you may not see coming.

Dr. Peter Chesterfield, one of the top neurosurgeons in London, is a workaholic who just had a big blow-up with his colleague--and his boss orders him to attend a medical symposium at a luxury hotel in Maui. Not surprisingly, Peter has a had time relaxing once he gets there so he takes a midnight walk on the beach--where he pulls a woman with a skull fracture from the water. Sadly, in spite of his skill, he can't save her and he becomes obsessed with finding her killer. . .much to the frustration of Lisa Kealoha, who is the detective assigned to the case. Maybe if they work together, they can find the killer?

I devoured Elysium Tide quickly as I didn't want to put it down. I enjoyed Peter's dry British humor. . .and I liked the chemistry between Lisa and Peter. I love to read books set in Hawaii so the beautiful, tropical setting was wonderful for this reader. The plot kept things moving along quickly with a lot of twists and turns. I had a few things figured out and a few I didn't. I can't say too much without giving spoilers, but Elysium Tide leaves us hanging--and anxiously waiting for another book to tie up loose ends. I hope there is one in the works.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe