In Honor's Defense by Karen Wittemeyer

 

Luke Davenport was restless. He wasn't sure what to do with himself now that the other men in Hanger's Horsemen were "domesticated." In Honor's Defense, Book three of Hanger's Horsemen series is Luke's story.

At the start of In Honor's Defense, Luke Davenport jumps at a chance to do something and takes a job tracking down some rustlers. It doesn't turn out to be quite as easy of a job as it sounded. While working that job, Luke meets Damaris Baxter who takes charge of her nephew, Nathaniel, after her brother unexpectedly dies. As a single woman, caring for a growing boy turns out to be quite a challenge. Nate is an angry young man but is he mixed up with the rustling? Or is there more to all of this trouble than meets the eye?

In Honor's Defense kept me reading from the first page right through to the end. I enjoyed getting to know Luke, Damaris and Nathaniel. There is also a mystery to be solved within the book and that kept me thinking and guessing, which I enjoyed. I really liked the characters and I liked how God was working in their lives. The spiritual aspect did not feel forced and wasn't too preachy. I enjoyed it all and there were a few twists and turns that added to make the book more interesting. I also liked revisiting a few characters from the last two books. To get the most out of this book, I would recommend reading the series in order, instead of this book as a stand-alone. In Honor's Defense was a satisfying conclusion to the series for me.

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe