Cold Dead Night by Lisa Phillips

 

 

Private Investigator Kenna Banburry is back in Salt Lake City, where she lost everything two years ago when a serial killer deeply injured her and killed her boyfriend. Since then, she has been working to solve missing person cases and bring the bad guys in. She has just done the same, when a series of murders in Salt Lake City turn towards her as the one behind them. Is she out for revenge now?

Cold Dead Night by Lisa Phillips is a fast moving book with a complicated plot that will keeps the reader guessing right up to the end. I did have an inkling who the killer was but I didn't figure a lot of it out until nearly the end. There is the inkling of a romantic relationship in this book but otherwise it more of a suspense book than romance. There isn't much in this book in the way of faith, although there is indication that Kenna has faith in God. It took me awhile to warm up to her as a character because she was so defensive through much of the book. I didn't really feel a connection to any of the characters except maybe Cabot. Honestly, this was a bit more descriptive of murders and such than I really wanted to read right now. It was definitely well-written and if you like that sort of fictionalized true crime type of story, then I think you will enjoy Cold Dead Night. Right now, I would rather read lighter books with most mystery and humor than crazed killers so it was a bit much for me. However, I am sure this is up many people's alley right now. This is the first book in a series and I do think the author has done this genre well and the next book will be just as good.

I received a copy of this book from the author through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe