To Win a Prince by Toni Shiloh

 

Iris Blakely is the best friend of the Queen of Oloro Ile, a small African country. She is using her talents to start a sustainable clothing line to both honor and help the citizens of the country. Ekon Diallo is the man who betrayed her best friend--and her new business consultant. Ekon lost his princely title, his friends, all of his material possessions and the respect of many in his country when he betrayed the Queen. To pay for his treasonous actions, he is forced to assist Iris in her business and to do other community service. Iris and Ekon realize that they need to learn to work together, can they do it?

I enjoyed To Win a Prince. I loved Iris' loving heart and compassion for people. As time went on, I also liked Ekon. I really liked how well faith was woven into the story. I like the continuous conversations with God that some of the characters had. There were also times they gently called each other out when things weren't quite right with their faith and I liked that. There were themes of mercy and redemption and the character's faith in this book seemed real. They also had problems that seemed realistic. I also liked getting to "see" Brielle and Mori again and catch some glimpses into their married life. I think Shiloh does a great job with the island world she created as I could picture the people, the food and some of the island life as she filled my mind full of the images of Oloro Ile. She also did such a good job at portraying the Christian life for both non-Christians and those who have been Believers for a long time. I also thought the romance was also nicely done in To Win a Prince.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe