Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin

 


I will admit the cover of Dangerous Beauty by Melissa Koslin really caught my eye. I also read and enjoyed her first book and was looking forward to this one too. It did not disapoint!

Dangerous Beauty starts out with Lilliana Vela escaping from the hands of human traffickers. She does not like the term victim and she tries to uphold her strength and resolve to live a better life throughout the book. I admired her and I also admired her for her faith that she hold fast to as she struggled to overcome her past and those who hurt her and her family. 

Meric Toledan came to Liliana's rescue. He was a bit more difficult to like at first but he grew on me as the book went on. I understand why he need to keep secrets although it was frustrating in some places early on when he was so reserved and quiet.

There was a lot of action and suspense in Dangerous Beauty. It is a book that will keep you turning pages. I thought Koslin did a good job with the story as a whole. I liked the ending. I liked how faith was woven into the story. I now look forward to whatever book Koslin writes next.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe