Defending Honor by Lynette Eason and Kelly Underwood

 

Preston Whittaker walked away from his famous and affluent family several years ago. Now he feels he must go back as his father and brother have passed away. Was it an accident or were they targeted somehow? Whittaker aims to find out--and finds himself in danger. He hires Laila Rabbinowitz from the Elite Guardians as a bodyguard. 

In Defending Honor, Lynette Eason and Kelly Underwood write a truly suspenseful story full of twists and turns. There are also suspects all over the place. I was a long way into the book before I narrowed down my list to the actual killer. There was a lot of mystery to this book. 

I also enjoyed the romance that developed between Preston and Laila. . .They had some good talks and I liked that they worked on communication between them even though they did have some misunderstandings. I also felt the attraction and the chemistry. I also enjoyed that there were bits of humor interspersed within this relationship. I especially loved Laila's introduction of Preston to her class at the fitness center. I also liked how faith was a part of Preston's life and how Laila came to re-think faith on her own after he shared with her.

All in all, Defending Honor was a truly enjoyable romantic suspense book for me. It had all of the elements that I enjoy in a book of this type. I am looking forward to more books by Underwood and have been an Eason fan for some time.

I received a copy of this book through the publisher and JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe