Entertaining Angels by Anne Neilson

 

I have always enjoyed Angel stories so I was excited to read Entertaining Angels by Anne Neilson. This book is beautifully illustrated with Neilson's angel paintings. There is a ribbon bookmark and the book would make a lovely gift book.

Entertaining Angels starts out with a forward written by Roma Downey who played the angel, Monica, in the hit series Touched by An Angel when it was on television from 1994-2003. I have never watched much television but this was one of my favorite programs so it was fun to see this forward--which includes a picture of the author and Roma Downey together.

There are 35 stories in the book that is based on the Bible. At the beginning of each chapter there is a Bible verse that pertains to the story. Each of the stories is uplifting. Some of them were based on encounters that could have been angels. Others involved people helping others as an earthly angel. I enjoyed them all but I did hope for a few more heavenly angel stories. At the same time, I was inspired to continue to pray without ceasing to hear the Holy Spirit should I be prompted to help others around me as someone's earthly angel. In that way, the whole book was quite good. Also, like many people I have faced hard times the past couple of years and I did feel this book helped nourish my soul. I read it quickly as the stories are short but inspiring. At the end of Entertaining Angels, she shares why she paints the angels the way she does and she signs her paintings from Psalm 91. I have always loved this Psalm. She encourages readers to memorize the whole Psalm--which I am going to attempt to do. I already have a couple angel verses memorized but it has been a long time since I have done any memory work.



I received a copy of this book from the publisher through the Amazon Vine program. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe