Sundown by Susan May Warren

 


I have been looking forward to Sundown, the third book in the Sky King Ranch series, by Susan May Warren. If you haven't been reading the series, you could read it as a stand alone but I think it would be better enjoyed as part of the series since many characters from the first two books are in this one. There are also characters from other Susan May Warren books in Sundown, which is also fun.

Tae has been staying at Sky King Ranch following plane crash. She has been healing and also helped nurse Colt Kingston back to health following his last mission with Jones, Inc. where he received some serious injuries. Now Colt and Tae must work with other family members to figure out how to solve a problem and possibly save the world.  

As a whole, I enjoyed Sundown. Like the other books in this series, there is a lot of action and some romance in between. I enjoyed the story for the most part. I especially like how the Kingston father of them all, Barry, helps them figure things out spiritually. Those are some of my favorite parts in this book because they do feel like a real part of the characters and not just some preachy words thrown in to make it a Christian book. The romance also felt real and I could understand the tension between the characters and the struggles that they had in themselves with their own life experiences that they were trying to make sense of. There were a couple places in the ending which felt a little over the top for me. I am also not a real fan of virus potentially taking over the world after the Covid pandemic. Otherwise, Sundown was a satisfying conclusion the the series for me.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe