WindSwept Way by Irene Hannon

 

Ashley Scott needed to find a new job. She loves being a historian but she felt she needed a new adventure. In Windswept Way by Irene Hannon, Ashley moves to Hope Harbor in the 9th book in the series. 

As Ashley works to turn a beautiful older Victorian house into an event center, with the help of the elderly owner named Rose, she meets a variety of towns people. I love that characters from past books continue on in the series. Charlie, the artist with a taco stand, is one of my favorites. In Windswept Way, Ashley  gets to know Jonathan Gray, a former vet who own a landscape company that she hires to do work to restore the gardens and grounds to get the mansion up and running for events. Will the sparks that fly between Ashley and Jonathon lead to more? 

I enjoyed Windswept Way so much that I read it within a couple of days. I like that Hannon had a male main character who is a veteran and has physical imperfections as a result. I could understand the challenges he faced in our instagram-perfect society. I appreciate how the characters handled certain situations and how real they seemed to be. Their conversations seemed quite realistic. I also liked how faith played a part in this book and seemed to be quite genuine in several characters, as well as the way it was presented. I always appreciate Charlie's elusive nature and his gentle faith and practical guidance. He certainly is a favorite character. Another aspect of this book that I enjoyed was the older character Rose. She slowly grew emotionally and spiritually to make changes in her life to help others too. It is such a good reminder that we are never too old to try new things or to be used by God to help others. As I shared, Windswept Way is a part of the Hope Harbor series, but it could also be read as a stand-alone and enjoyed that way.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe