Brindlefox by John Sandford

 BrindleFox

How do we have friends? I think that can feel mysterious, even for adults sometimes. Brindlefox  by John Sandford is a fable of a fox and a heron who become friends. For me, personally, this book took me back to when I read Aesop's fables as a child from a book my Aunt gave me. This book is Aesop fable worthy.

Brindlefox has no friends. Since he doesn't invite anyone over, his house is rather a mess. One day a tree starts growing out of his back, which is odd, but he really doesn't care. However, because of that tree, in a roundabout way, Brindlefox learns about friendship--how to be a friend and how to have a friend.

Brindlefox is a beautifully illustrated children's book aimed at children ages four to eight. This gorgeous book has a dust jacket and is roughly 9 1/2 by 10 1/2 inches in size and 32 pages long. 

This book would make a lovely gift for a young child. It would be a good book to have in your home library. It could spark some good discussion among family members if the story was discussed in the end. I think Brindlefox is a wonderful fable and I would definitely recommend it.




I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe