Hidden in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard

 


Ivy's mother is in cancer treatment and has requested Ivy go to Alaska to find a rare copy of a Jack London manuscript that has never been published. Ivy's mother runs a bookstore that carries rare books. However when she arrives in Alaska, Ivy finds out the manuscript is gone and the granddaughter of the manuscript owner is missing along with it. Ivy is determined to find both.

Soon Ivy joins forces with Alaska State Trooper Nolan Long, who she met and spent time with when she was in Alaska previously. Together Nolan and Ivy search to find the manuscript and the granddaughter--along with battling the dangerous Alaska winter.

Hidden in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard is the third book in the Missing in Alaska series. In this case, I have not read the other two books in the series but it didn't stop me from enjoying this one. This book kept me guessing almost until the very end. I liked the history about Jack London included as well as a the idea that he had a hidden manuscript.

I enjoyed the page-turning action and suspense of Hidden in the Night. I also enjoyed watching Nolan and Ivy form a relationship. I also liked the side characters like Ivy's mom and Nolan's sister, who was featured in another book in the series. There is also a spiritual thread running through this book and the Bible verses in this one that make in clearly a Christian romantic suspense novel. I enjoyed the whole book from start to finish as all of these elements worked together to make a heart-pounding read. 

I received a copy of this book from the author through Revell Publishing. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Managing Your Emotions by Joyce Meyer