You'll Always Have a Friend by Emiliy Ley Illustrated by Romina Galotta

 

You'll Always Have a Friend: What to Do When the Lonelies Come by Emily Ley is a lovely book about friendship aimed at children ages four to eight. This book measures about 9 by 13 1/2 inches and is 32 pages long. It is a good size to read aloud as a family and for kids to read alone.

You'll Always Have a Friend has good rhythm and the rhyming verse is encouraging and uplifting to children--and the adults listening. I think the illustrations by Romina Galotta are lovely and compliment the text nicely. I especially love how they are inclusive and show people of all colors and of varying abilities. I also like how this book encourages children to like themselves and to be themselves so people like them for who they are. Oh, that we would all have that encouragement and inspiration. 

I have enjoyed this author's adult books in the past. This is the first children's book that I have read by her and I think it clearly reflects her lovely heart and spirit. I would love to share You'll Always Have a Friend with all the kids I know and I highly recommend it. There aren't any Bible verses but it is clearly built on the idea of loving our neighbor as ourselves, in my opinion.

I received a copy of this book from Tommy Nelson publishers. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Managing Your Emotions by Joyce Meyer