Meddling with Mistletoe by Liz Johnson

 


 

Meddling With Mistletoe by Liz Johnson is a cheery Christmas read that left me looking forward to the coming Christmas season.

Whitney Garrett is hoping to go to culinary school by baking and selling pies at the local farmer's markets. Then, in the height of the season, her oven went on the fritz. Thankfully she was able to negotiate some time to use the oven at the Red Door Inn in exchange for watching the proprietor's children and making breakfasts for some off-season guests. 

One of the off-season guests is Daniel and the other is Ruby. Both are in town to help Aretha sell her antique shop. Aretha is also something of a matchmaker as she is hoping to help her nephew Daniel find a new romance with Ruby. With that in mind, Aretha talks Whitney into helping Ruby and Daniel get together. Only things don't quite go as planned.

Meddling with Mistletoe is aptly named as there is some matchmaking that goes awry in this book. I have read all of Liz Johnson's books--except the Red Door Inn series. This book has some ties to that series and I still enjoyed it even though I have not read that particular series. I enjoy Johnson's writing style, the Prince Edward Island setting, and her characters. I enjoyed getting to know Whitney and Daniel in particular in this book. I liked how it all worked out in the end. There were some faith elements that flowed well as they tied Christmas in to parts of the story. I thought the pacing was good. I enjoyed a couple humorous events. I wasn't overly fond of Ruby so not real sad about how the book went with her character. Meddling With Mistletoe was a quick and enjoyable read. 

I received a copy of this book from Revell through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Managing Your Emotions by Joyce Meyer