Meeting Her Match by Jen Turano

 

If you enjoy historical fiction that has depth and humor, I encourage you to read a Jen Turano Book. Her latest book, Meeting Her Match, will keep you turning pages.

In Meeting Her Match, Renowned Matchmaker Miss Camilla Pierpont has vowed never to marry after heartbreak as a young woman. However, she recently meets Mr. Owen Chesterfield, who travels to see her to entice her to sponsor his sister, who needs social assistance desperately. She doesn't want to do it--until she realizes that she is in a tight spot and this may just be her way out. Camilla travels with Owen to West Virginia. 

I enjoyed the nuanced humor and banter between Owen and Camilla throughout the book. I also enjoyed the secondary characters. This is a fun historical read and conclusion to the Matchmaker series. I did not read the second book, which may have made it even better, but it did not keep me from enjoying this one. If you enjoy historical fiction that has a lighter side, then I think that you will enjoy Meeting Her Match.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Loyally Luke by Pepper Basham