Book Review: Great Day Every Day by Max Lucado



I started reading Great Day Every Day by Max Lucado right at the end of winter in the Midwest. . .things outside were looking gray and I was feeling a bit gray inside. For me, this sounded like the perfect book to perk me up and help me focus on things that were on the bright side. From my perspective, the book did that for me--and more.

I've read several Max Lucado books in the past and I have always come away from them feeling better. This book was no exception. I enjoyed Max's storytelling and his words of encouragement designed to spur the reader on to focusing on better things. They did do that for me. However, unlike other Lucado books I've read, this one has a 30-day devotional built in to the book. Each page says "Day Changer" at the top. A Scripture quotation and a prayer are offered for each day followed by some thoughts to help you decide how you can change your day for the better. I especially liked that aspect of this book. It helped me to apply the book's principles in bite-sized segments and it helped me bring Scripture to life for my world around me today. I think it is a book that I can honestly say lets me feel like I am a better person for having spent time with reading it.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson as part of the Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman