Book Review: Secretly Smitten by Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter, and Diann Hunt



After reading Smitten, I was anxiously awaiting the next one in the series by this group of talented authors. The new book did not disappoint me as it contains not only romance but a good mystery as well.

In the first novella in this group of 4, Love Between the Lines, dog tags from Grandma Rose's first love turn up in her attic. The mystery begins, how did those dog tags get there when David Hutchins was killed in action and never returned to Smitten?

The mystery intrigues Rose’s three granddaughters—Tess, Clare, and Zoe. However, their mother Anna warns them against any investigating and meddling in Grandma Rose's affairs. Then each of the granddaughters and their mother face some romance and intrigue of their own as they face new seasons in Smitten--and the mystery of Grandma's lost love begins to unravel. Make Me a Match is the 2nd novella followed by Knit One, Love Two and concludes with Love Blooms.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. There were a few twists and turns that kept me turning the pages, along with the romances of each of the four ladies as they each learn to grow, change and depend on God in their circumstances. These four authors work together very well in my opinion as the stories flow well and seem to have "one voice." I also liked the questions for reading groups at the end of the book as they made me think and reflect on some answers of my own. I recommend this book--and I am looking forward to another Smitten book in the series to be out in January 2014. I only wish I didn't have to wait so long for the next Smitten fix!

I received this book from Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman