Book Review: Homeschool Mom's NIV Bible from Zondervan



The Homeschool Mom's Bible is a regular Bible with 365 meditations with prayers interspersed throughout the text. The devotionals were written by Janet Tatman who is a homeschooling mom with over 25 years of homeschooling experience. There is also a forward written by Vickie Farris, who is the wife of Michael Farris, founder of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association. As a homeschool mom with very little experience, I couldn't wait to get this Bible. I figured I could use all the encouragement I can get!

My edition of this Bible is NIV but it also comes in the King James Version for those who prefer it. There are enough readings for every day of the year and each one is listed to start with January 1 at the beginning of the Bible. Since I just got this Bible, I decided to start at the August readings and then work my way through chronologically from there. I think you could skip around or do whatever works for you. In any case, the readings seemed to offer real-life encouragement to me from a mom who has been there. She shares struggles, challenges, victories and ways we can turn to God and the Bible to help ourselves through life as a homeschooling family. The devotions did speak to me. I appreciated having the Bible verses right along with the reading too. My verses are all memorized in the original NIV so I like that I can reference that version here.

I recommend this Bible to any homeschooling mom. Since it comes in both King James Version and New International Version, as well as electronic versions, it should appeal to a wide variety of moms. I think it would make a nice gift for a mom just beginning to homeschool. The hardcover has an appealing feminine design on the cover too. At least, I know this beginning homeschool mom would have appreciated it.

I received this Bible from Booksneeze. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman