Book Review: Psalm 91 for Mothers by Peggy Joyce Ruth and Angelia Ruth Schum



Psalm 91 for Mothers  is a book I wish I had read when my son was born. My son is 11 now and I am ready to start praying this psalm over him as a result of reading this helpful book.

Peggy Joyce Ruth and her daughter, Angelaa Ruth Schum, share how mothers can pray Psalm 91 for their children. Each chapter in the book relates to a verse and explains in detail how and why you would pray that verse for your son/daughter. The authors also give several real life examples where praying this psalm helped their children to escape from harm or to be helped from some challenge they faced. The authors tell us that Psalm 91 is the one place in the Bible where all of the protection promises of God are brought together. The principles of this psalm can actually be applied to anyone and any situation in your life. . .not just in your children's life. I was encouraged by this book to start memorizing this psalm. I already knew Psalm 91:11-12 but I want to learn all of the verses.

This book would be a great read for all mothers. However, the younger your children are when you read it, the better, I believe. I plan to give this book as gifts to new moms that I know--both Christian and non-Christian. It could  be a great  tool to share Christ with non-Christian moms as there is a section at the end of the book sharing how to receive salvation.I've heard many Christians say rather helplessly about their life situations, "Well all I can do is pray." This book encourages the reader to realize that praying is something truly helpful that we can do and that God is our shelter in times of danger and life challenges when we look to Him in faith.

I received this book from the publisher at Booketeria at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman