Book Review: You'll Get Through This by Max Lucado




Are you going through a difficult time of some sort? Or do you know someone else who is? Max Lucado's new book, You'll Get Through This, is full of hope and encouragement for someone who is walking through  challenges.

You'll Get Through This brings the story of Joseph from the Bible alive though Max Lucado's way with words. Joseph's story is brought to life from the time he was that pain-in-the neck little brother until God ultimately puts him in charge during famine. A lot of ground and a lot of time goes by. Times where it was hard to see that God was working on Joseph's behalf. Still Joseph holds fast to his belief in God. In the end God does make good from the evil intended for Joseph in this life and rewards his faith. Max Lucado says that God can do in your life and my life what he did in Joseph's life when Joseph felt forgotten by God in the waiting. But in the meantime we have to "not be foolish or naive and we must not despair". . .Max Lucado says those are the important things. "It probably won't be painless and it likely won't be quick but God will work it out for your good in the end if you will continue to have faith in Him," Lucado says.

There is no doubt that Max Lucado is a gifted storyteller from his previous books.However,  I think this is one of my favorite Lucado books. Perhaps because I have been going through hard times and I lean towards despair in dark times. This book helps me visualize God working on Joseph's behalf and, ultimately, on my behalf as well. Throughout the book, there are also many other stories of people that have gone through hard times and Lucado shows that God was working in their life, or through their life, for someone else. It is simply one of the most hope-filled books, outside of the Bible, that I've read in recent times as I continue to hold on to my faith, some days quite small, but I hold on. I also found the questions in the back of this book to be very helpful and thought-provoking--they are worth taking the time to think through. I highly recommend it.

I received this book at no charge to me from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman