Book Review: How to Be Rich by Andy Stanley



How to Be Rich by Andy Stanley offers advice on REALIZING that we are already richer than most of the world. He doesn't really offer advice on How to GET rich, which might be your interpretation of the title. However, the back of the book clearly explains Andy Stanley's premise that you are already rich and how best to "be good at it." Andy Stanley has a practical down to earth style that helps me clearly understand how to relate Scripture to my life and I truly appreciate that about this book..

I already knew this book was about becoming a more generous person and using whatever resources God has entrusted me with because I have seen Andy Stanley's sermon series on this topic. If you've also seen that sermon series, and are interested in the book, I would encourage you to get it. The book offers more details and examples. Andy Stanley encourages you to think about your wealth as God's and not yours, because, after all, you can't take it with you. I found this book to be helpful in reminding me that I have many blessings even though we aren't rich by American standards and for reminding me how to use what we do have as a Christ Follower. Stanley reminds me most of all with his mantra on page 57, "I will not trust in riches but in him who richly provides." Good reminder for everyone.

I think this is a great little book for everyone to read. Stanley also has a DVD series with the book. The back of this book comes with discussion questions for each chapter that would be great to answer for your own enrichment or in a study. I think it would be a great book to do in a group.

I received this book at no cost from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman