Book Review: Effortless Healing by Dr. Joseph Mercola



I have followed Dr. Joseph Mercola via e-mail for awhile and put a few of his health tips into place in my life. I wish I could have him, or someone, like him for a doctor. Since I don't see that happening soon, I found putting his plan into practice would be helpful for me. His new book, Effortless Healing, is a well-written, easy-to-follow manual for how to improve your health holistically. 

Effortless Healing has three sections. In part 1, Dr. Mercola explains what effortless healing is and how to best follow his plan for your optimum health. Part 2 includes 9 healing principles for helping you attain your optimum health:
Drink pure water,
Eat your veggies,
Using fat for fuel,
Exercise less and gain more benefits,
Enjoy the sun and get vitamin D,
Let your gut flourish,
Clean your brain with sleep,
Go barefoot and other ways to stay grounded, and
Avoid these 6 "health foods."
Part 3 offers advice on making the plan work best for you. 

Some of Dr. Mercola's principles offer advice that is counter to what you may have heard before. I like that Dr. Mercola backs all of his advice up with meticulously referenced end notes. He also puts this advice into words that are easy for any layperson to understand. This book was enjoyable to read and it is easy for me to follow as I try to make my own health changes. The first step is actually the most challenging for me right now as we live in a temporary apartment and it is hard for me to know how to do anything to make our water system better where we are. We are house shopping after a move so this won't last forever, but I would like to get started on the plan. I wish he had some advice for those in apartments or temporary situations. Otherwise, I found a lot of helpful advice in the book.

I would encourage anyone to read this book that is wanting to improve their health. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman