Book Review: The Healthy Mind by Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson


Our son has Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism. My grandpa passed away from dementia a few years ago. I think what we eat helps fuel our bodies, which is why I want to cook foods that helps my family to take care of their minds and bodies. The Healthy Mind Cookbook has been a great resource to help me learn better how to fuel my body and my family's with foods that help "enhance brain function, mood, memory and mental clarity." (from the cover)

Rebecca Katz and Mat Edelson have created a beautiful cookbook with some delicious recipes and eye-catching photos throughout the book. The book has an especially great chapter entitled, " The Culinary Pharmacy." This chapter shares some of the healthful foods used in the recipes along with what those foods can do to improve your mind.

Recipes that caught my eye in this book include: High Flying Turkey Black Bean Chili, Cranberry Orange and Apricot Muffins, Apple Pie Spiced Walnuts and Raisins, Kale Quinoa Salad, several delicious looking salmon recipes and and several tonics and elixers including Jeanne's Brain Tea. I found the recipes in this book easy to follow and ingredients that I can find locally in the Midwest.

I highly recommend this book for both the information and the recipes for someone who wants to eat for their health and enjoy what they eat too.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman