Book Review: Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe by Max Lucado withCandace Lee and Eric Newman



When Chelsea and Sawyer Chambers split up, Chelsea takes their 2 kids back to her deceased mother's coffee shop to open it up and make a new life for herself as a single mom. She opens up shop and then faces some big challenges. However, unbeknownst to her, she also has some heavenly assistance to help her face them.

have read most of Max Lucado's books, so given the opportunity, I jumped at the chance to read this one. I started out being interested in it, but then I found myself struggling to finish it. I just didn't find some of the day-to-day parts of this book to be believable. At the same time, I also found the heavenly angel and spiritual warfare parts to be reminiscent of This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. Even so, I liked the aspect of angels watching over the characters. I struggled with the storyline between Chelsea and the children and between her and her sister because the story felt predictable in some places and the characters or storyline weren't very developed from my point of view in other places. One aspect that I did like about this book is that it helped the reader see a relationship between our prayers and how God uses them to make a difference in people's lives. I didn't find that with the other Lucado books that I have read. I would give this one 3.5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman