Book Review: Your Blueprint For Life by Michael Kendrick


This week we started moving into a new house in a new town after my husband made a job change. I also turned 50 in December. Those two changes have left me re-evaluating how my life is going up until now. It also leaves me wondering if I need to do some things differently to better serve God. I found Your Blueprint for Life by Michael Kendrick offers a good solid plan for making some defining decisions at any age.

"How to align your passion, gifts and calling with eternity in mind" is the subtitle on the cover of this book. Kendrick starts out encouraging the reader to ask themselves, what will I do today that will matter for eternity? Kendrick offers advice and questions to ask yourself to discern your calling and gifts. He then shares advice on the five spokes of the wheel of your calling--your spiritual life, relationships, physical health, finances and your career. He says that when these five  are in balance, you are in a position to fulfill your calling and glorify God. I did find some good insights throughout the book to apply to my own life.

This book was interesting and full of good information and life advice. As a midlife woman, I found it helpful in reflecting on my life and my calling. It is a great book for someone of most any age wanting to discern making life changes for living. It would be especially great to give someone for a graduation gift or, because of the emphasis on Christian living, it would be a great gift for someone who is just starting to walk with God. If you are looking to share it with a non-Christian there is also a salvation message in the back. Kendrick's faith is also woven throughout the book.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman