5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit by Nicki Koziarz



Do you ever just want to quit that new healthy eating plan or workout program? Are you ready to run away from home (for a night) after a long, hard day? Does it feel like your job is just too draining to go on? We all have times we are ready to call it quits and have had enough of something in our lives. In 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit, Nicki Koziarz shares a few habits that have helped her keep going when she feels like throwing in the towel.

In this book, Koziarz offers great advice and tips to evaluate your situations and make better choices for your life. Throughout 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit, she relates those habits and modern life choices to the choices of Naomi, Orpah and Ruth  from the book of Ruth in the Bible. Koziarz also shares several stories from her own life. At the end of each chapter, she offers a short recap of the highlights and a question or two to answer to relate the chapter to your own life. At the end of this book, Koziarz lists verses to look at or memorize to help your thinking when you need reminders not to quit. She also lists 5 questions to ask yourself to keep on you on your own spiritual path that God has for you.

I especially like books like 5 Habits of  Woman Who Doesn't Quit because it bring the Bible to life for me and really helps me relate it to my life today. Koziarz shares her own stories and writes in such a way that I felt as though she was sharing with me personally at a local coffee shop. I am not really a woman who want to quit often, but at times I have been the quiet quitter she shares about in chapter 6. I found this book just really helped me have an attitude of wanting to serve the Lord in spite of having feelings that say otherwise some days. I wish she had shared a bit more on knowing when we should walk away from an assignment, because sometimes I think I just hang in there too long with some situations that simply aren't going the right direction for me. Otherwise, I found this book to be both easy to read and helpful. I think there are times we could all relate  to Koziarz. I would recommend it. It would be a great book for a study. Proverbs 31 will soon be starting an on-line study for those who are interested on April 18. I have done their on-line Bible studies in the past and found them to be quite good for me. Here is the link: http://go.proverbs31.org/5-habits/

I received this book from Broadman and Holman Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman