Created for Connection by Dr. Sue Johnson with Kenneth Sanderfer



Whether you are going to be married or have been married for many years, I think Created for Connection could be one of the most helpful books that you will ever read to make your relationship the best that it can be. Sue Johnson with Kenneth Sanderfer share relationship principles that will have you looking at your relationship in a whole new way.

Sue Johnson is the developer of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and according to Dr. John Gottman is "the best couple therapist in the world." This therapy in Created for Connection helps couples create "a stronger, more secure relationship not only between partners, but between us and God." The book encourages couples  to understand that they are attached to and dependent on their partner in much the same way that a child is on a parent and that we are on God to nurture, sooth and protect us. Problems occur when that fails to happen at certain times in the relationship. Johnson offers couples seven transforming conversations to help heal those issues if they are there, to heal, and to form a tighter bond with each other. The last section of the book then takes that bond and shows how we can become even closer with our partner spiritually and, ultimately, with God through this process.

Created for Connection is honestly one of the best books I have read this year. I was surprised at how much I learned from this book. My husband and I are in a secure relationship, but this book still has had a positive effect on our relationship. As I read through the book, I kept stopping to share parts with my husband and apply principles. I don't think we will ever look at our disagreements the same way again. . .and I think that is good. At the same time, in order to use this book to learn and grow, we took the book in bits and pieces. Created for Connection includes many stories of other couples, stories from the author, information on how to make changes and steps to take to make changes in your own relationship. There is a lot of good "meat" in this book. I just couldn't read through it quickly because I think we would have missed too much. It is just full of information on relating to your spouse in a whole different way and understanding why we react to difficulties in a certain way. We learned so much more about each other as we went through the book together.

I would encourage anyone  and everyone to read Created for Connection. We plan to keep it in our home library to refer to whenever we want or need to. I highly recommend it to every couple. Also, as the author mentioned in the book, the principles in this book apply to other relationships besides marriage relationships and can help enhance them too.

I received this book from the publisher, Little, Brown and Company. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman