Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with D. J. Williams



Proverbs is one of my favorite books of the Bible. I like all of the practical wisdom this book has to offer for living life today. Street Smarts From Proverbs by Mitch Kruse with DJ Williams specifically focuses on the wisdom that Proverbs offers in the realm of conflicts. Kruse covers conflicts of all kinds--marriage and family, those at work, those with authority figures and more.

Kruse suggests readers read a chapter of Proverbs from the Bible every day. He actually suggests 3 more ways to add to that plan if you want to step up your game and read through the whole Bible and learn more. I used to read a chapter of Proverbs every day and then I got out of the habit during our recent moves. This book reminded me of how much I had gleaned from that habit and has me reading Proverbs again. In Street Smarts from Proverbs, Kruse uses real-life stories, Bible stories and offers simple steps for remembering ways to use the wisdom of Proverbs in conflict management. Kruse introduces twelves words from Solomon to remember when growing in conflicts: righteousness, equity, justice, wise behavior, understanding, wise communication, prudence, discretion, wise counsel, discipline, knowledge, and learning. I especially liked the chapters on understanding, discipline and learning, but they are all good depending on what you personally need to work on.

Kruse is a business man who is married with four daughters. He shares a lot of wisdom he has learned from his own life as well as others. I like that his examples encompass people from all walks of life. I think all readers could find something to relate to. I would recommend this book to every one.  I also agree with Kruse that reading a chapter of Proverbs every day is a good practice to stay in.

I received Street Smarts From Proverbs from FaithWords/Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman