100 Days With Jesus by Diann Cotton



100 Days with Jesus: A Daily Glimpse into the person of Christ by Diann Cotton is a lovely old-fashioned looking book full of fantastic nature photographs and insights into who Jesus Christ is.

100 Days with Jesus contains 100 short but informative readings with each one centered on one of the names of Jesus from the Bible. Cotton said in the introduction that she originally found a page in her Bible with over 250 names for Jesus listed. She was so in awe that there were so many names that she and her daughter wrote the names on bells and then put them on their Christmas tree. While putting away the bells after Christmas, she decided she wanted to know Jesus better and to study each of the names. Cotton said that journey changed her life. She hopes that this book will bring the reality of who Jesus is to each reader and change even more lives.



I especially liked these short readings and the nature photographs. I enjoy taking nature pictures myself and spending time in nature so those pictures added a lot to the book for me. However, I didn't realize Jesus had so many names either so each reading was helpful for me to learn all of the names of Jesus. I liked that each reading shared the Bible verse with the name in it, then a dictionary definition, a short reflection, and then some questions to help the reader reflect on the name for each day and apply it to their own life. I would recommend 100 Days with Jesus to anyone. The beautiful gold etched cover with sewn binding, color photos and heavy paper make this a real quality book. I think it could be an especially nice gift for someone of either gender too.

I received this book from BH Publishing Group. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman