How to Set A Table from Clarkson Potter Publishers


How to Set a Table is a little helpful book to pack away with the linens and keep on hand to set tables and trays up with nearly any kind of entertaining.


How to Set a Table is divided into 9 chapters. This little book offers guidance on how to select dishes for entertaining, how to set the table, and how to set up specific kinds of table tops for events like potlucks, a breakfast bar, a picnic, and breakfast in bed. Each section has all sorts of little tips to add some warm touches to the full color pictures too.


I particularly wanted How to Set a Table to use to teach my 15-year-old son as we homeschool through a foods class. I think it is especially helpful for teaching the younger generation about types of dishes and the proper way to set the table. While I knew most of that information, I did find the information on linens and ideas for table settings that I hadn't thought of before. I think this could be a handy little book to keep around for most people who only entertain now and again so need a refresher. It would make a nice gift for a wedding along with some dishes, etc. For my teatime followers, there are a couple of pages devoted to afternoon tea as well. As a bonus, I can always hope that our son will someday want our Lenox wedding china to use for special dates as the book suggests.


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman