The Daily Question: My 5-Year Spiritual Journal from Waterbrook Press







Journaling is one of my passions. The Daily Question: My 5-Year Spiritual Journal is a step up from my usual journals in that it is a journal meant to go for 5 years. I've never done that but it sounds like an interesting challenge.

The Daily Question contains 365 questions, one for every day of the year. Then there is space on each page to write for 5 years. Examples of some of the questions are: If you could change one relationship, which one would it be? In what way has God shown himself faithful recently? What wisdom would you share with someone who is about to graduate? Who in the Bible do you relate to? What is the best part of your life right now?

I love the idea of The Daily Question journal. However, it is quite small. Each day for each question, you get four small lines to write the answer on. One the back of the book it says that "Short questions at the top of each page prompt quick answers--but their impact could be life changing." The publisher suggests that you are "creating a time capsule of soul transformation." I think from this information that they aren't expecting the journalist to reflect deeply and write long answers. However, I think I would glean more spiritual information in the long run if I had more room to write and reflect longer answers. At the same time, this smaller size would make the journal easy to travel with and keep up with without expecting a lot of time commitment. I can see both advantages and disadvantages to the small size. It just depends on what you want in the long run. If you want to reflect more, you could pair this journal along with another blank one that you have dedicated to the 5-year journal plan too. I still think it is fun either way and I think it could be a fun gift for a friend too.

I received The Daily Question from Blogging for Books for this review.I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman