The Book of Mistakes by Skip Prichard


Often times people think the "lucky people" catch all of the breaks in life. They don't see the work that goes into those "breaks."  The Book of Mistakes by Skip Prichard follows David, a recent college graduate, as he navigates the world of work and life after college. Along with the story of David, we follow the story of an ancient manuscript that holds powerful life lessons for everyone if used correctly.

As the Book of Mistakes begins, David is disheartened and stressed, living a life he isn't really sure he wants to be living. However, he doesn't know how to live the life he wants to either at this time. Then one day he meets a mysterious young woman and everything begins to change. It doesn't happen all at once, but throughout the book, we follow David as he changes his life through learning some ancient lessons one by one. Little by little his life begins to change. The Book of Mistakes is a sort of modern day parable that is packed with wisdom for living a better life at both work and at home.

I enjoyed reading The Book of Mistakes and I also learned from this little book. I think this would be an especially good book for someone graduating from college. I wish I had had a copy when I was that age. However, it is a great book to read and reflect on at any age. I enjoyed both the main story and the story within the story. As I read through this book, I took some notes on how to make changes in my own life and correct the 9 mistakes that are shared in the book. It would be an especially good book to read through with a journal--spending some time reflecting on and figuring out how to apply what you are learning to your life. I would recommend it to anyone.

I received this book from Hachette Book Group/Center Street Books. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman