The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers


From the outside looking in, Roman Valesco is a successful Los Angeles artist. He has it all--money, fame and just about any woman he wants. On the Inside, Roman has some demons he is wrestling with from his past. Grace Moore, his newly hired personal assistant, intrigues Roman. Roman doesn't think Grace is really his type. Grace also has a past she would rather forget and would rather focus on making her dreams come true. Is it possible for this couple with so much baggage to be able to form a relationship?

Francine Rivers has written one of my most favorite series of all time, The Mark of the Lion. Her writing is powerful and beautiful but sometimes painful to read. As the author shares in her ending note, many people in our culture today come from broken homes and/or damaged relationships. For me, The Masterpiece, started out to be rather painful to read as I could well relate to Grace and her history with abuse. It brought up some painful memories for me, even though I dealt with my past with a Christian counselor. However, I pressed on and I am glad I did.  I found myself pulling for Roman and Grace more and more as the book went on. I don't think The Masterpiece is just another romantic novel, it is much deeper than that. This book so clearly illustrates to me how God could work in someone's life, using all things for good, if they choose to let Him. The Masterpiece would make a great book club read. There are some great book club questions in the back of the book. Rivers also tells the story of the gorgeous cover picture at the back of the book. I gave it 5 stars and would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great Christian novel to read.

I received this book from Tyndale House Publishers at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman