So Much to Celebrate by Katie Jacobs of Styling My Everyday



So Much to Celebrate:Entertaining the Ones You Love the Whole Year Through by Katie Jacobs is a beautiful coffee-table-worthy cookbook full of gorgeous full-color photographs. It is lovely eye candy even if you never make a recipe or host a party with this book. However, I think it does indeed inspire one to be a hostess of a nice family gathering.

So Much to Celebrate is divided into seasons, starting with Spring. Lovely party and recipes are included starting with Easter celebrations and ending with the winter holidays. Jacobs has secrets for throwing fantastic parties for all ages, from more elegant gatherings to casual feasts. My favorite in the book is for the Mother's Day Tea Party. The recipes look delicious. These are just a few I would love to try: Strawberry Scones, Cherry Hand Pies, Chicken Pot Pie, Roasted Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, and Skillet Roasted Chicken Ratatouille. 

So Much to Celebrate is truly gorgeous. I love how it is arranged by season. I could look at this book for a long time and be inspired by the pictures. I am not sure I feel like I could effortlessly pull of some of these gorgeous parties though, but it would be fun to try. A the same time, I was honestly surprised at all of the alcoholic beverages in this book. One party suggestion was even for a whisky tasting party with your girlfriends--complete with a reminder to be sure to provide a safe ride home for your guests. I am not a prude but I guess I was a bit surprised to see that sort of party idea offered in this book, but maybe I am just getting older. Also, since the book was touted as one offering parties for family and friends, I can't see doing that type of party for family or friends in my area. Otherwise, the rest of the parties are truly gorgeous with wonderful recipes and ideas. I would just rather have seen more non-alcoholic drink suggestions. I gave So Much to Celebrate 4 out of 5 stars for that reason.



I received So Much to Celebrate from Thomas Nelson publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman