Once Upon a Farm by Rory Feek

I am probably one of the few people who did not know who Rory and Joey Feek were before I read, This Life I Live last year. However, I enjoyed Rory's tender, thoughtful writing and then listened to their music several times since then. When I saw Rory had a new book out, Once Upon a Farm, I was anxious to see how he, Indiana and his girls were doing.

Once Upon a Farm is book of random essays. I expected the book to be mainly about life after Joey passing away and fathering their daughter Indiana, who is in the cover photo with Rory. However, they seemed much more random to me and the book sort of jumps around from one subject to another in the short chapter essays. The good part of that is that you can set the book down and read short chapters whenever you get time.

I enjoyed Once Upon a Farm as a whole. Rory is a thoughtful person and writer and I can relate to that as I have been told I am a deep thinker myself. However, because of the randomness and the wandering element of the essays, while I enjoyed the writing style, I didn't feel as compelled to read it as I did with his first book. It just felt a bit more aimless to me. However, I truly appreciate how down-to-earth and honest Rory is in his writing. I also think readers can see just how close to "regular people" he is. Even though he has fame, he also has an every day life just like most of the rest of us. I am sure the Rory and Joey fans will appreciate Once Upon a Farm as they continue to get to know him better in this book.

I received this book from Booklook Bloggers and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman