Jesus Calling: The Story of Christmas by Sarah Young and Illustrated by Katya Longhi

The Jesus Calling series of books by Sarah Young have been my devotions for the past few years. My son and I have also done the regular children's devotional books. I was excited to see there is a special Jesus Calling:The Story of Christmas book.

Jesus Calling:The Story of Christmas has twelve devotional readings for young children. At the start of the book, after the presentation page, Sarah Young write a one page letter to parents and grandparents telling about her family and why she wrote the book as well as her hopes for the book. I especially liked this added touch. The book then goes into the brightly illustrated pages with the devotions, most of which are on two pages. Each devotion has a Scripture reading, followed be the devotion and ending with a reminder of who Jesus is and what he does in the Jesus Calling section.

I think Jesus Calling:The Story of Christmas would be a great addition to any family's Christmas readings and traditional books to use year after year. If you are a fan of the other Jesus Calling series books, it will be especially meaningful. The book is suggested for ages four to eight and that seems about right as I read through it. Of course, it would make a great book for the whole family to enjoy together with all ages. The pages are a fairly heavy stock and should last a good long time with care. I would recommend it to any family as an addition to their Christmas tradition library.

I received a copy of this book at no charge from Tommy Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman