Open Door Living: Easy ways to Share the Gift of Hospitality by Jen Schmidt

I don't know about you, but having people I don't know over for supper is always a bit intimidating to me. Jen Schmidt in her new book, Open-Door Living, hopes to make entertaining less stressful and more enjoyable.

Open-Door Living is a beautiful new book with pretty color photos, recipes, and lots of tips to make entertaining easier and more enjoyable. This gorgeous book has a ribbon marker to mark a recipe or pages of tips to check again. There are chapters on The Heart of Hospitality, Food and Feasting, Cleaning and Decluttering, Atmosphere and Ambience, and Conversation and Community.

Open-Door Living has full-color pictures, gorgeous illustrations and a lot of truly helpful tips and recipes. I especially like the pages with cleaning tips and conversation starters. There is a lot of good information in this small book. However, while it isn't a deal breaker for me, I wish this book had an index so I could quickly find a recipe again or the page of conversation tips. Also, with all of the people on special diets and having food allergies these days, I wish there had been some mention of how to address those situations. Our women's ministry team sends out e-mails for ladies to provide food to those in need. They make note of people on gluten free or other special diets, which helps those of us who want to provide meals the whole family can eat. I want to do that as a hostess too. Otherwise, there are some great recipes for Easy Chicken Divan, Dump and Run Taco Soup, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars, among others. There are also some great tips for making pretty table displays on a budget and other fun tips throughout the book. It truly is a nice book and one I think would make a great wedding shower gift.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman