Driftwood Bay by Irene Hannon


Jeannette Mason has moved to the tiny town of Hope Harbor and opened a tea room and lavender farm in Driftwood Bay by Irene Hannon. She is hiding from the world after facing tragedy in her home town in Ohio. Her new neighbor, Dr. Logan West faces challenges of a different kind as he is unexpectedly the guardian of a little girl and got a new unruly puppy before moving to Hope Harbor as the new doctor in the urgent care clinic.

Despite their own challenges, they unexpectedly come together to help the new Christian refugee family that the town's churches have been assisting--Miriam, Thomma and Elisa.

Previous to this book, I have only read book one in the Hope Harbor series, but I truly enjoyed Driftwood Bay. I think it could be read as a stand-alone book even though it is the fifth book in the series. However, some of the characters continue in the series from book to book. I enjoyed Charley and his fish tacos once again. . .I can almost smell them! As a tea enthusiast and gardening, I was looking forward to a book with a tea room and an herb farm.  I am so glad I was drawn in by those things. It has been a long time since I have read one of her books, but I can see why Hannon is an award winning author. The plot was compelling and I didn't want to put this book down. I enjoyed every one of the characters and the complex story-line. I also liked that she included the Syrian family and including their feelings, frustrations and challenges that seemed so realistic and relevant to me. Only one thing would have made Driftwood Bay better for me--I was hoping for the recipe for the lavender short bread cookies that Jeannette makes and everyone in Hope Harbor raves about. Even better would have been if one of the characters had passed me a sample and the recipe while visiting this place that Hannon makes sound so appealing!

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman