Cross My Heart by Robin Lee Hatcher


Cross My Heart by Robin Lee Hatcher is the second book in the Legacy of Faith series. In this book, Ben Henning and Ashley Showalter meet through their mutual love of horses as Ben works to set up his equine therapy mission on his great-great-grandfather's farm. Ashley has the experience Ben needs to help find the right horses for the mission to be successful. While they both share a passion for horses, they also are afraid to share their secrets. Ben is a recovering alcoholic. Ashley's brother is an opioid addict. Are they both willing to share all of their hearts and to give love a chance?

While we read the modern story of Ben and Ashley in Cross My Heart, Hatcher also flashes back to share more of Ben's family history through the story of his family members during the early 1930's. This story is also emphasized through the family Bible that Ben inherited.I love that this family Bible takes a prominent place in each book in this series. I especially love seeing how one generation affects the next through their prayers and godly living in this series.

I am enjoying this Legacy of Faith series so much. I already can't wait for book 3! In Cross My Heart, I liked how Hatcher effortlessly weaves faith into the story. I like in this book how the relationship developed between Ben and Ashley over time. I also enjoyed the back story of Ben's family. Hatcher does such a good job of addressing the challenges that families face and she handles them realistically with faith. Hatcher just brings her characters to life and helps me feel like I am living right in the story with them.  I think Cross My Heart, as well as the first book in the series, would make an excellent Book Club discussion book. There are discussion questions in the back of this book to help facilitate discussions.

I received Cross My Heart courtesy of the author and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman