Not Forsaken by Louie Giglio (paperback)

Not Forsaken: Finding Freedom as Sons & Daughters of a Perfect Father  -     By: Louie Giglio

I don't know about you, but I have struggled with the idea of God as my father. Not Forsaken by Louie Giglio reminds us that God is our heavenly father. However, He is not a "bigger version of our earthly dad." Instead He is our perfect father when we are born again and He wants us to remember that we share His heavenly genes and He does truly love us like no other.

I listened to this audio book of Not Forsaken and it was good. However, I am a visual learner so seeing the words on the pages helped me drive this concept into my heart and head better than just listening. Giglio uses a lot of Scripture to help readers see that God is our Heavenly Father. He also uses some personal stories that well-illustrated his points on how God cares for each of us. He also talks about how hard it must be for so many of us who had far less than perfect fathers to see God as father. He acknowledges that the struggle is so real for so many. Yet, I like that Giglio never comes across as judging or admonishing. Instead he just gently points me to My Savior as our God. I especially liked the chapter about how we can see God as our father in how Jesus treated those He was with on earth. Not Forsaken has given me a lot to think about and reflect on as I see God as my Father, my perfect father. I have a new set of genes as a part of the heavenly family. I no longer need to look at my father as a heavenly role model type. Instead I can just pray for him and see him as someone in need of a heavenly father too. I encourage anyone with father struggles in their faith to read this book.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dog that Whispered by Jim Kraus

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: Mistletoe and Malice by Lori DeJong

The Sound of Violet by Allen Wolf (10th Anniversary edition)