I Am Redeemed by Mike Weaver and Jim Scherer

If you listen to Christian music, chances are good that you have listened to Big Daddy Weave. One of their biggest hits is I Am Redeemed. In the book I Am Redeemed, Mike Weaver, with Jim Scherer, tells why the song was written and shares his personal story.

Weaver tells the story throughout the book of how he struggled with lies and anxiety coming from the enemy that he had no value. He has struggled with relationship difficulties and his weight as a result of his personal fears and self-loathing. I Am Redeemed chronicles his struggles with his thought life in spite of following Christ. He also shares other challenges that he faced including the illness that almost killed his brother, the loss of his father, and other personal struggles.

I Am Redeemed was in interesting read. I believe this book could be a real encouragement to others who struggles with negative thoughts and weight loss as well as other issues. I could relate to some of what Weaver shared from the times I have struggled with negative thoughts about myself. I struggled with the details because I am a bit squeamish when I read the part about his brother's illness. I also didn't feel like he let us in on how much the Operation Restored Warrior therapy  that he and his brother went through helped his brother. While the book is mainly autobiographical, Weaver shared a lot of his brother's story so I wish he would have shared how the therapy helped him in the end of the book. He does share how much it meant to him personally and how he was helped though. As a whole though, there is a lot of good stuff in Weaver's book. I especially enjoyed hearing about how and why he wrote the song, I Am Redeemed and how it has helped so many other people. Fans of Big Daddy Weave won't be disappointed in I Am Redeemed.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman