Starfish Pier by Irene Hannon


Do opposites not only attract but do they really find lasting love? In Starfish Pier by Irene Hannon, first grad teacher Holly Miller is on opposite sides from from ex-Delta Force military man turned fisherman, Steven Roark.

Starfish Pier is book 6 in the Hope Harbor series. I have enjoyed this series all the way through and couldn't wait for this book. Hannon's Hope Harbor feels like a great place to live. I have enjoyed all of the characters up until now. I do like Holly and Steven, the main characters in Starfish Pier. I also like the other newer characters. However, I didn't honestly enjoy this book as much as the others in the series. Hannon is an excellent writer and this book does contain her usual complex characters. However, I felt like this book had more of an agenda than a story to tell. Three of the new characters had challenges that were at odds with a Right to Life issue. While I know that is an important topic, it just felt a little more forced in the plot of this book. There was also less of a plot with much action in this book. At the same time, I did think the characters in town were a good mix of interesting people. Hope Harbor feels like a warm and welcoming place to live in each of her books including this one. I love how Charlie the taco stand cook plays a part in each book. At the end of Starfish Pier, there is a preview for the next book coming the series and I will continue to look forward to the continuing story of Hope Harbor's residents.

I received this book courtesy of Baker Publishing Group, Revell Division, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe