Deeper Still by Linda Allcock

 

Deeper Still: Finding clear minds and full hearts through biblical meditation by Linda Allcock is a short, practical book with wisdom on how to spent time with God each day. 

Deeper Still is divided in to three sections: Still Your Mind, Fill Your Heart and Feed Day and Night. The book is easy to read and think through the concepts that Allcock presents. However, she is English so I had to think about a few of the phrases she used and what they meant to me as an American. This wasn't really the book that I was expecting to read but I think it was a good reminder of how to spend time with God in His Word and just why that is so important. It would be an especially good book for a new Christian who was just learning to put habits in to place. As I said, though, Deeper Still was a good refresher for me. She draws from Scripture--especially the 119th Psalm. She also uses some practical examples that are easy to relate to and were helpful to me in putting her ideas together.She ends the chapters with practical examples and tasks that she suggests the reader do to meditate on the Bible daily.

I received a copy of this book from The Good Book Company. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe