NRSV Simple Faith Bible with Reflections from Jimmy Carter (Comfort Print)

 


I honestly don't know a lot about former President Jimmy Carter but I have heard that he has taught Sunday School for many years. The NRSV Simple Faith Bible with Reflections from Jimmy Carter is a helpful Bible if you are doing Bible study or wanting to reflect on the Bible sections that you are reading. 

The foreward to this Bible is written by Jonathan Reckford, International CEO of Habitat for Humanity. In this forward, Reckford shares how President and Rosalynn Carter make a difference by putting their skills and beliefs into action helping with a house every year. The President often presents a Bible to the new home owners at the dedication service to remind us "that we are builders, not only of houses, but of hope, dignity and community." Former President Jimmy Carter has been teaching Sunday school for over 65 year, many of them at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, GA. A lot of the content of those lessons is used in this Bible. There are study notes throughout the Bible, questions to ponder, reflections of Bible verses to think about and prayers to pray. There is also an index of these features in the Bible that helps you know where to find them, if you want to look up something specific.

I was not sure what to expect with this NRSV Bible full of notes and commentary from Jimmy Carter, but I was quite pleased with it. I liked learning more about this man's deep faith in God. I liked that he is helping me reflect on the passages as I go through the Bible. I like that his words are straightforward, down to earth and easy to understand. I just felt like a member of his Sunday School class in reading his notes and prayers. I have heard him speak enough that I could almost hear him speak the prayers. I also liked how dark the comfort print is and how easy it is to read the 9.5 point type. I would recommend this Bible to anyone with an interest in President Jimmy Carter, of course, but also to anyone wanting to think about God's Word and ponder it. If I could add to the Bible, I must admit, I would like a ribbon marker and the word's of Christ in red letter but I still appreciate this Bible without those things.

I received a copy of this Bible from Zondervan as part of the Bible Gateway Blogger Grid. #BibleGatewayPartner All opinions within this review are my own. 

It is available from the FaithGateway Store Here: NRSV Simple Faith Bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe