Stand All the Way Up by Sophie Hudson

 

Stand All the Way Up by Sophie Hudson is a collection of essays, or stories if you will, that reveal what God was saying to Sophie as she was going through a hard stretch in her life. I think this is a book that many of us could relate to this year as many of us have gone through a hard stretch of some sort or another.

In Stand All the Way Up, Hudson shares stories from being a mid-life woman. She shares about how difficult it was to walk with her siblings and her family through her mother's passing from this life into the next. She shares struggles she had with her weight and body changes as a mid-life woman. She shares her struggles with anger at things going on around her in society today. While those topics were a little heavier, she shares them with her trademark humor and wit. She also shares some lighter topics in some chapters such as what she thinks should be a mid-life woman's capsule wardrobe. Throughout the book, she also relates many of her stories to stories in the Scriptures and what God has been teaching her in the midst of it all.

I chose to read Stand All the Way Up because I needed something lighter to read. However, I didn't find her to be as funny as I expected. However, I did find her stories to be insightful and I found her to be easy to relate to. I liked her conversational style. I liked how honest and straightforward she was with me as the reader. I just felt like in some of her struggles I could see some of mine. I enjoyed Stand All the Way Up more and more as I got further into the book. At first, I did feel a little ho hum but then it just kept gaining momentum for me. I would recommend it to any mid-life woman wanting to read a book from another Christian woman who is easy to relate to and has likely experienced at least a few of the same things as you have.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe